[Beowulf] diskless booting over jumbo frames

Amrik Singh asingh at ideeinc.com
Wed Apr 25 10:03:37 PDT 2007

Bogdan Costescu wrote:

> I don't quite follow you here: the link that was sent earlier had
> shown some kernel level autoconfig problem. If this is indeed still
> the case with newer kernels, this should only affect the root FS -
> before mounting the other NFS exports, you should have the chance to
> perform a proper initialization of the network, which would give you
> the possibility to use a larger MTU.

As the nodes do not know about the jumbo frames, they are unable to
mount the NFS exports (and hence the nfsroot). As per my understanding,
NFS needs both client and server to have the same MTU size. As the root
is not available so nodes are unable to do anything further.

I am going to try the initrd option as suggested by Mark and see if I am
able to get my cluster to boot.

thanks

--Amrik