[Beowulf] Help with NIC

Ariel Sabiguero Yawelak asabigue at fing.edu.uy
Fri Apr 20 09:00:14 PDT 2007

I am not sure which version of the kernel is shipped with Fedora, but I
did not manage to make OpenSuSE 10.1, 64 bits work with Broadcom
BCM4401-B0 card. It just wrote thousands of errors to the
/var/log/messages. I googled for the error and no similar error since 2003.
I am sorry that I cannot be more specific, as I moved to another version
of OpenSuSE that was suitable for me and avoided the problem. I don't
keep those errors, nor the specific version of the components. Anyway, I
think that  kernel version was 2.6.16, with patches applied from SuSE.
My (coward) suggestion is to try FC6, if it is suitable for your needs
and see if the problem remains or not.

Regards (and sorry for the lousy clue ...)

Ariel