[Beowulf] SGI to offer Windows on clusters

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Sun Apr 15 15:13:33 PDT 2007

My understanding is that FC7 will include distro building tools
for both custom rolls and live CD/DVD's. So I think
you will start to see a lot of customized FC rolls that
contain a subset of packages for a specific "domain".
(I have been working on such integrated suite of RPMs
for FC6)

Of course, as Jeff Layton has stated, the ISV's
have difficulty with the fast pace of Fedora, but
adroit open source end-users seem to like the
latest and greatest.

I don't see and easy way to reconcile this situation.
Most production shops and data centers need stability,
while those who want to use the latest MB/CPU combination
have difficulties with the "long haul" distributions.

 --
 Doug

--
Doug