[Beowulf] Survey on beowulf.org -- and a drawing for a video iPod

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Apr 11 01:40:38 PDT 2007

On 10 Apr 2007, at 11:52 pm, Donald Becker wrote:

> Survey on beowulf.org -- video iPod
>
> For those who haven't checked out the beowulf.org web pages recently,
> we've
> put up a survey about HPC.
>
> You can find the link on the home page of
>    http://beowulf.org
> or go directly to the survey at
>    http://www.beowulf.org/community/survey.php

I find the initial question essentially impossible to answer.  The
whole point of beowulf computing is that you can build it out of
almost anything.  Most of the software is community driven.  The
ideas are community driven.  The leaders are the community, not any
one company.  The hardware is commodity.  I can't even name one when
pushed to; I don't use any cluster software I had to buy, and the
vendors who made my hardware are pretty much incidental - I could
have used anyone.

And that answer to the first question makes the subsequent questions
even more impossible to answer.

Looks like I don't get the video iPod.  :-)

Tim