[Beowulf] AMD Opteron Linpack Benchmark

Craig Tierney ctierney at hypermall.net
Thu Sep 21 09:33:24 PDT 2006

Lai Dragonfly wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm doing the HPL benchmark on several nodes of AMD opteron platform but
> may expand to hundred of nodes later.
> i hope to get around 80% efficiency.

What is your interconnect?  80% may be a bit high.  You should look
at the Top500 list  to see what the efficiencies of other systems
similar to yours.

> Anyone has good suggestions of combination of compiler (appreciate if
> includes compiler flags) + math lib on AMD platforms?
> thanks a lot.

Compiler and flags don't matter.  HPL spends about 99.999% of its
time in BLAS.  Use GotoBLAS, it is very fast.

What is most important is settings in the HPL.dat file.  Use google to
find some good settings or someone else can provide one.  I don't have
access to one right now.

Craig
on the list may be able