[Beowulf] SC'06 Beowulf Bash ?

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Wed Nov 1 15:19:54 PST 2006

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Chris Samuel wrote:

> I'm off to my first SC'06 this year to help man the VPAC booth with a couple
> of friends and was wondering if there were any details about the Beowulf bash
> yet ?

I'm the one holding up the formal announcement.  There was a plan to
hold a joint meeting of the BayBUG and BWBUG (west coast and east coast
Beowulf User Groups) before the bash, and I was suppost to find people
for a panel.

I'm now trying to convince people that it's better for the meeting to
be the bash itself, and the topic to be "Beer: is more always better?"
I'm pretty certain that we can find speakers for that.

BTW, We are still accepting sponsors.  (More than "accepting", how 'bout
"would be really happy to have a few more".)  Contact "suzie" at beowulf
dot org if you or someone you know would be interested.

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
Scyld Software	 			Scyld Beowulf cluster systems
914 Bay Ridge Road, Suite 220		www.scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993