[Beowulf] fast interconnects, HT 3.0 ...

Richard Walsh rbw at ahpcrc.org
Wed May 24 13:35:26 PDT 2006

Greg Lindahl wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 09:17:58PM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>

>> pGAS assumes shared memory.
>>

> There's not much point having this discussion when we disagree on
> such elementary terms.
>
> -- greg

    Perhaps a reminder that:

           global addressability does not entail global cache coherency

    but, we all new that anyway, right?

    rbw

--

Richard B. Walsh

Project Manager
Network Computing Services, Inc.
Army High Performance Computing Research Center (AHPCRC)
rbw at ahpcrc.org  |  612.337.3467

This message (including any attachments) may contain proprietary or
privileged information, the use and disclosure of which is legally
restricted.  If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender by reply message, do not otherwise distribute it, and delete
this message, with all of its contents, from your files.