RS: [Beowulf] Cluster newbie, power recommendations

Alan Ward award at uda.ad
Wed Mar 22 06:24:00 PST 2006

I have done this for several years. If you remove the video card, CD/DVD units and other power consumers, leaving just a single hard disk and network, a modern PSU in this range is well capable of handling at least two motherboards. Another question is if it worth your time to either source a Y cable or (ouch!) start splicing and soldering cables ...

Alan