[Beowulf] MS HPC... Oh dear...

Ivan Silvestre Paganini Marin ispmarin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 07:13:44 PDT 2006

It is very strange to think about developing a very high-profile
scientific parallel program on a m$ platform. No control on the nodes,
no tweaking on the base level (OS), no freedom to change what you need,
and sky-line prices. Even if m$ is throwing tons of $$ on universities
this is not viable. (Not even thinking about developing countries, like
Brazil.)

Ivan