[Beowulf] CLuster - Mpich - tstmachines - Heeelp !!!!!!!!

Leif Nixon nixon at nsc.liu.se
Fri Jul 28 08:33:32 PDT 2006

Geoff Jacobs <gdjacobs at gmail.com> writes:

> hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca wrote:
>> right - I don't have a problem with rsh as an internal cluster spawn
>> method.
>> though since you almost certainly also have sshd running, it makes sense
>> to have fewer daemons.
> It's okay for a small cluster where you have really good control over
> the users.

Now, THAT'S a very dangerous mindset. Even if you can be 100% sure
there are no bad apples among your users, every single HPC related
intrusion I'm aware of the last couple of years has started off by
stealing passwords or keys and masquerading as legitimate users.

--
Leif Nixon                       -            Systems expert