[Beowulf] [kathleen at massivelyparallel.com: RE: [Bioclusters] FPGAin bioinformatics clusters (again?)]

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pathscale.com
Mon Jan 16 18:39:20 PST 2006

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 08:19:48AM -0800, Michael Will wrote:

> I have always been amazed at the promises of massivelyparallel. Now
> their technique is so good they don't even need the source code to
> parallelize?

I liked the part where they generalized from BLAST scalability (hint:
it's embarrassingly parallel, if you can deal with distributing the
databases) to scalability of codes like Amber (molecular dynamics, not
at all embarrassingly parallel.)

That makes me want to run out and buy their technology.

-- greg