[Beowulf] g77 limits...

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Feb 23 12:15:15 PST 2006

Robert G. Brown wrote:

> Now all I have to do is find a Rosetta stone somewhere, and a magnifying
> glass (as I'm getting old and presbyopic:-)... what is this ENDDO
> command?  Where are the numbers, as in:
>
>       DO 10 I = 1, N
>          DO_SOME_WORK(I)
> 10    CONTINUE
>
> ???  And where are the line labels in columns 73-80?  These ARE punch
> card images, aren't they...:-)

Whats fun is when you run into a compiler that starts choking on those
line labels.

Here is a simple rosetta pebble

for(i=1;i<=N,i++)
  {
    do_some_work(&i);
  }

can be written in fortran (notice the lower case of those of us who
could use those 110 baud and 300 baud speed demon terminals, and
couldn't be bothered to press the shift key as it would slow us down...)

do i=1,N
  call do_some_work(i)
enddo

(on the count of three say "oooooooooh" ...)

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com