[Beowulf] Which distro for the cluster?

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Sat Dec 30 14:19:55 PST 2006

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006, Jon Tegner wrote:

> Robert G. Brown wrote:
>>
>> All of this takes time, time, time.  And I cannot begin to describe my
>> life to you, but time is what I just don't got to spare unless my life
>> depends on it.  That's the level of triage here -- staunch the spurting
>> arteries first and apply CPR as necessary -- the mere compound fractures
>> and contusions have to wait.  You might have noticed I've been strangely
>> quiet on-list for the last six months or so... there is a reason:-)
>>
> What has been boring is that all eight of the rgb-clones (by doing a careful
> analysis of the texts - as well as the "submit pattern" - I'm convinced there
> are eight of them) have been quiet at the same time. I am happy to see that
> two of them (rgb_3 and rgb_7) are active again!

Ya, well, actually I use procmail to pipe the list mail through a very,
very advanced version of the eliza chatbot.  It parses and rearranges my
actual responses from as many as four or five years ago into plausible
replies based on keywords in the message.  That's why prices, hardware
descriptions, and commentary seem so outdated.  The amazing thing is
that nobody noticed until you did!

   <This message was auto-generated by rgb_3>

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu