[Beowulf] Selling computation time

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Dec 27 15:53:25 PST 2006

On Wednesday 27 December 2006 05:29, Chetoo Valux wrote:

> I wonder then if there would be potential buyers for cluster time. I've
> been browsing,  not too deep, the net, and I've not found (yet) any
> information of someone selling cluster time.

We occasionally get approached by commercial customers wanting access to our
HPC clusters (as well as assistance spec'ing, buying, configuring and
maintaining them) and we help out where we can (NB: if they want to use
commercial software they have to bring their own licenses).

But our core business is supporting our academic users at the institutions
that are members (i.e. owners) of VPAC.