[Beowulf] 'liquid cooled' racks

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Wed Dec 6 04:59:19 PST 2006

Daniel Kidger wrote:

> Slide 18 implies there early market is for Defence systems - I guess getting
> rid of hot air on a submarine is a bit tricky?

Hmmm... I would suggest that the important aspect is the lower noise
level associated with heat removal on a sub.  A bunch of 40mm fans
whining away would make for rather easy tracking of subs...

Considering that they are immersed in a huge heat bath of reasonable
temperature, the important part of this would be how to couple the heat
source effectively to this heat bath, also without lots of noise.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com