[Beowulf] Need Help about HPL...!

Kamran Mustafa mkamranmustafa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 00:23:15 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I am trying to install HPL on my Cluster having Redhat LinuxAS 4.0.
Can anyone please tell me how to create make.arch file for my specific
architecture?

There is a make.i686 file. When I use the command make arch=i686, lots
of messages appear and the last couple of lines that give error are as
follows:

make -f Make.top build_src       arch=i686
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/hpl'
( cd src/auxil/i686;         make )
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/hpl/src/auxil/i686'
/usr/bin/gcc -o HPL_dlacpy.o -c  -DHPL_CALL_CBLAS -I/root/hpl/include
-I/root/hpl/include/i686  /usr/include -fomit-frame-pointer -O3
-funroll-loops  ../HPL_dlacpy.c
gcc: /usr/include: linker input file unused because linking not done
cc1: /usr/include: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [HPL_dlacpy.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/hpl/src/auxil/i686'
make[1]: *** [build_src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/hpl'
make: *** [build] Error 2

Please help me out as I have no way out from here.

Regards,

Kamran