[Beowulf] scheduler and perl

Stuart Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 17:58:14 PDT 2006

Rather than banning them or publishing behaviour, we simply disable
their access to the queue and won't re-instate it until they have
contacted us to indicate they have rectified their ways.

eg. rather than enforce hard disk quotas, which may result in a job
loosing data, we simply detect when they are over quota and
automatically stop their access to the queue and send them an email
saying what has happened.

They tend to clean up quickly :)

Of course you need a tightly controlled system which prevents them
circumventing the queue.

Stu.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley