[Beowulf] ClusterMonkey/Doug E. got slashdotted

Douglas Eadline deadline at clustermonkey.net
Mon Apr 24 04:33:59 PDT 2006

> Apparently clustermonkey has achieved some degree of slashdot fame,
> judging
> from the comments about being unable to get to the article.
> http://hardware.slashdot.org/hardware/06/04/22/1822258.shtml

It was fun in a weird sort of way watching my server run out of memory.
But, 20,000 views in 24 hours is not to bad if it did not
come on like tsunami.

> However, it would appear that some of the posters on /. don't actually
> understand what clusters are or are trying to do.

Which is why I wrote this some time ago

http://www.clustermonkey.net//content/view/16/33/

Like most things, Slashdot does not seem to be what it used to be.
What ever that was.

 --
  Doug