[Beowulf] Determining NFS usage by user on a cluster

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Apr 21 00:45:15 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 08:54 +0100, Guy Coates wrote:
> Konstantin Kudin wrote:
> >  Hi all,
> >
> >  Is there any good solution to find out which user is loading the NFS
> > the most in a cluster configuration?
> >

> iftop is quite a handy tool; it displays traffic on a per-host basis, so
> if a particular node is hammering your NFS server, it will show right up.
>
> http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pdw/iftop/

Etherape might be a useful tool also.

http://etherape.sourceforge.net/
It has a graphical 'radar display' of traffic to/from network hosts.
I have found it very useful in the past for monitoring/debugging.
I'd hazard a guess though that in a cluster on full song you'll get a
busy display, but you should be able to spot any 'hot' nodes.