[Beowulf] Problems installing ROCKS

Joseph L. Kaiser jlkaiser at fnal.gov
Mon Apr 17 12:31:09 PDT 2006

Hi,

First, beowulf is an indirect way to get your Rocks questions answered.
You should be posting here:  npaci-rocks-discussion at sdsc.edu.  The Rocks
developers are on this list.

Second, how did you verify your media.  With MD5SUMs?

Does this error occur during the install of the frontend or a compute node?

How much memory does the fronend have?  How big are the disks?

You have a mixed frontend/compute node environment.  What are you
attempting to install on the frontend?  Are you going to install the
i386 on the frontend and then follow the cross-kickstart instructions in
the user guide?

Thanks,

Joe