[Beowulf] how can I calculate peak performance of a cluster

Bruce Allen ballen at gravity.phys.uwm.edu
Tue Sep 27 09:41:29 PDT 2005

One should be very cautious with stating/using/selling peak performance.
This is a bit like saying that my 15-year-old Honda automobile has a 'peak
speed' of 200 miles per hour.  This is a true statement: if I drop my car
off a very high cliff, it will reach 200 miles per hour speed just before
hitting the ground (:-).

Cheers,
 	Bruce