[Beowulf] Remote console management

Jerker Nyberg jerker at Update.UU.SE
Fri Sep 23 09:05:55 PDT 2005

Here is an IPMI on Debian HOWTO.
http://buttersideup.com/docs/howto/IPMI_on_Debian.html

Personally I've been using IPMI (serial over lan) on some Intel server
motherboards in spring 2004. It felt like it was a tiny bit unstable, but
good enough for remote access in BIOS, and reset/on/off. And for SOL I
used the Intel Linux binary. But I don't take care of those machines any
more. Best terminal support in BIOS I got from the Windows telnet binary.

I am currently installing some Dell 1850 (with remote access cards) and HP
DL140/DL380 and it would be great with some input from someone on the
integrated remote access in a Linux environment. Remote console and
reset/on/off is good enough for me.

--jerker