[Beowulf] Remote console management

pesch at attglobal.net pesch at attglobal.net
Thu Sep 22 21:31:35 PDT 2005

One way so improve on that problem would be a custom made cluster-friendly
BIOS, e.g. one which allows access to such things as BIOS settings etc. at
start-up through ethernet.

Generally, I find it amazing that with all progress in open source the BIOS
is lagging so far behind ( I know of only one open source BIOS effort!)
when after all it is at the core of the hardware.

Paul Schenker