[Beowulf] PGI and HPCC,HPL

John Brookes John.Brookes at compusys.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 10:47:03 PDT 2005

The undefined references are to pg-provided fortran library functions;
they are needed for any fortran code that does io. The following should
sort it out:

Have a look in hpl/Make.<arch> for a line that says 'LINKER = pgcc'.
Change it to use the fortran compiler. If you use pgcc to link fortran,
you have to add some libraries to the linkline (-llibpgftnrtl at least,
iirc), pgfXX know what to use already......

Cheers,

John Brookes
Senior Technical Consultant
COMPUSYS PLC
DD: +44 (0)1296 505348
Mob: +44 (0)7789278947
Tel: +44 (0)1296 505100
Fax: +44 (0)1296 424165
Web: www.compusys.co.uk

Compusys or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and
that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please notify Compusys Customer Services by telephone on +44(0)1296
505140