[Beowulf] Re:console hardware

Richard Westlake r.westlake at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Oct 18 12:45:54 PDT 2005

Simen

You could have a look at Conserver
http://www.conserver.com/
and  http://www.conserver.com/consoles/
Zonker's Greater Scroll of Console Knowledge

There was also a Sys Admin magazine had a console server supplement
http://www.samag.com/articles/2005/0514/

Another thing to look at is IPMI (The Intelligent Platform management
Interface)
http://www.intel.com/design/servers/ipmi/
as version 2 supports serial over LAN protocol, which I think can be made
to work with conserver
There was a discussion on IPMI and console servers etc on this list
not long ago, have a look in the archive for the thread "Remote console
management" starting 22 Sep 2005.

I would be interested in a summery of your findings

Good luck

Richard Westlake

School of Crystallography, Birkbeck College, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX
Tel: 020-7631-6859
                Truth endures but spelling changes    --  Anon.