[Beowulf] cernlib

Kostas Georgiou k.georgiou at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 14 08:51:29 PDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 09:22:57AM -0400, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Leif Nixon wrote:
>
> >"Robert G. Brown" <rgb at phy.duke.edu> writes:
> >
> >>   a) Is cernlib prebuilt in rpm's in SL?
> >
> >Which version? Jakob Nielsen used to repackage ATLAS-related stuff
> >into RPMs. His old src.rpm for cernlib 2002 is here:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.nordugrid.org/applications/hep/cernlib/2002/src/
>
> (Hoping that the following isn't too off-topic, given that cernlib is
> very much a cluster tool...)
>
> Thanks, that's very useful.
>
> Well, (with this) I now have source rpms for both 2002 and 2005.  Both
> build perfectly through what looks like about the first third; both fail
> initially at exactly the same point -- in the %install phase they
> attempt to install paw (and, if you push past that, a couple of other
> tools) with install -c -s.  Unfortunately, these are bash scripts.
> Unfortunately, install barfs when asked to strip a bash script, e.g.:

You can find another version (that builds fine under RHEL3 ;) at:
http://www.hep.ph.ic.ac.uk/~georgiou/cernlib-2004-2.src.rpm

I found the srpm a few months ago at an ATLAS related site if i remember
correctly. It compiles, paw seems to run and my users haven't complained
yet so i assume it's ok.

Cheers,
Kostas Georgiou