[Beowulf] MPI ABI

Joachim Worringen joachim at ccrl-nece.de
Mon Oct 10 02:21:47 PDT 2005

Toon Knapen wrote:
> Thus AFAICT if my app uses the fortran interface of MPI I can link my
> app with a dynamic library (say libmpi.so) which I can make point to
> either e.g. an MPICH implementation or POE. right?

Wrong - i.e., the value of MPI_COMM_WORLD is not defined in Fortran, either.
This won't work if one MPI implementation sets MPI_COMM_WORLD to 35 and another
expects 626.

Of course, you are right for opaque datatypes like MPI_Group, but this is not
sufficient for an ABI.

  Joachim

--
Joachim Worringen - NEC C&C research lab St.Augustin
fon +49-2241-9252.20 - fax .99 - http://www.ccrl-nece.de