[Beowulf] file IO benchmark

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Fri Nov 25 07:34:57 PST 2005

Hi Toon:

  Here is the IO-Bench page
(http://www.sdsc.edu/PMaC/Benchmark/iobench/).  If you want to have my
mpi version (or just a patch), send me a note offline.  The b_eff_io is
described at http://www.llnl.gov/icc/lc/siop/papers/ucrl-jc-143979.pdf .
  The two do rather different things.  The MPI-iobench does not use the
MPI-IO mechanisms, rather simple file IO to a shared filesystem and a
single file on that file system (stresses the locking and other aspects
of the system).  The b_eff_io is a more general test.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO