[Beowulf] Why I want a microsoft cluster...

Jim Lux James.P.Lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 23 17:32:18 PST 2005

At 05:15 PM 11/23/2005, Joe Landman wrote:

>Jim Lux wrote:
>>At 01:30 PM 11/23/2005, Joe Landman wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>>This is particularly pernicious for documents that get viewed with a
>>projector, and then get zoomed to look at the details.
>
>Agreed.  This is a good reason to use vector formats in general whenever
>possible.
<gigantic snip>

Gosh.. the devil's gonna die.. I did my best to advocate.

Ultimately though, to update the aphorism: "nobody ever got fired for
recommending MS"

Many similarities between "big blue" a few decades ago and big whatever
color they are (well, it *was* a sort of forest green back in the 80s)
these days, not the least of which is marketing strategies.

Enjoy your holidays everyone.. (those of you in the U.S., anyway.. the rest
of you will have to toil while we engage in the national festival of
overeating)

>--
>Joseph Landman, Ph.D
>Founder and CEO
>Scalable Informatics LLC,
>email: landman at scalableinformatics.com
>web  : http://www.scalableinformatics.com
>phone: +1 734 786 8423
>fax  : +1 734 786 8452
>cell : +1 734 612 4615

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Radio Frequency Subsystems Group
Flight Communications Systems Section
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena CA 91109
tel: (818)354-2075