[Beowulf] Experience of using multiple network devices on a node in cluster

Stuart Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 20:13:03 PDT 2005

My own experience has not been positive.  I fiddled with route
tables, statically routing IP's out different interfaces etc... and
then ran some bandwidth tests.

The net result was that I got around 12% extra out of the 2nd NIC and
no noticeable performance gain on any applications.  Most desktop/low
end systems struggle to push both nics hard... so it just wasn't
worth it.

Stu.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley