[Beowulf] AVL-FIRE on cluster?

Anand TNC anand at mecheng.iisc.ernet.in
Fri May 13 02:23:57 PDT 2005

Hi,

we have a small 4 node cluster of Athlon processor computers running linux
which we use to do CFD calculations using AVL's FIRE software. We're
planning to upgrade the computers to Athlon 64s and are also considering
opteron processors. Is there anyone here who uses FIRE on a cluster and
can give me feedback?

Thanks in advance,

Anand

"The farther the experiment is from theory, the closer it is to the Nobel
 Prize."  - Joliet-Curie

"Le bonheur est partout: il n'est que de le trouver...
Happiness is hidden everywhere; you just have to look for it..."

Anand TNC
PhD Student,
Engine Research Laboratory           U-55 IISc Hostels,
Dept. of Mechanical Engg.,           Indian Institute of Science,
Indian Institute of Science,         Bangalore 560 012.
Bangalore 560 012.                   Ph: 080 2293 2591
Lab Ph: 2293 2352                        080 2293 2624

http://www.mecheng.iisc.ernet.in/~anand/