[Beowulf] OS for 64 bit AMD

Jamie Rollins jrollins at ligo.mit.edu
Thu Mar 31 11:00:31 PST 2005

Any decent distro should support kernel 2.6 with amd64.  But can some one
give me one good reason why you would use anything other than a
streamlined distro like Debian?  Why pay for all the blote in something
like redhat when your nodes are probably going to be running a single
process anyway?

jamie.