[Beowulf] maui scheduler/ time sharing/ suspend

Yaroslav Halchenko list-beowulf at onerussian.com
Fri Mar 18 09:19:06 PST 2005

Hi All wulfers,

Presently I use
ii  torque         1.1.0p4-4      Tera-scale Open-source Resource and QUEue ma
ii  maui           3.2.6p11-2y1   Scheduler for PBS-based and other cluster en
to do batch job processing. I remember I've tried to do time sharing at
some point using maui but I didn't succeed. Does any one has any
positive experience??

For now I just configured the nodes as having twice as many CPUs as in
reality and limiting guques/users as to real number of CPUs. This way we
can time share but it is really handicapped. After a while some nodes
sit unloaded while others have 4 jobs running...

Please advise on configuring torque/pbs as for having time sharing
or/and suspend (either of maui or pbs_sched is fine)

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]