[Beowulf] Seg Fault with pvm_upkstr() and Linux.

Josh Zamor jzamor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 07:29:40 PST 2005

On Mar 16, 2005, at 2:34 PM, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> OK, it works perfecto-mundally.  See code below:
>
> #include <pvm3.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <string.h>
>
> int main(int argc, char** argv) {
>      int info, mytid, myparent, child[2];
>      char buf[1024];

> 	for(int i = 0; i < 2; ++i) {
> 	    info = pvm_recv(-1, 11);
> 	    info = pvm_upkstr(buf);
> 	    printf("Received return string: %s\n", buf);
> 	}
>

> (So it was probably one or the other of the bugs I pointed out.)

That was it. I had tried that when experimenting with the factorial
program, but I had made another mistake that masked the solution. And
then of course I made the always fatal mistake of assuming that it must
be somebody else's code, as it worked on one machine and not on the
other. Thanks, I really appreciate your assistance.

Regards,
-J Zamor
jzamor at gmail.com