[Beowulf] RAID storage: Vendor vs. parts

Shane Canon canon at nersc.gov
Thu Mar 3 10:28:02 PST 2005

This was my experience as well.  Most of the tools worked out of the
box, but the partitioning was a real hang up.  The easiest way around
this is to have a separate boot drive that the installer can partition
in its normal manner and then to have the >2TB device be completely
separate and configured after first boot.  You then use the whole drive
(no partitions).  This worked for me.

- --Shane