[Beowulf] So we will write our own book - next steps...

Ryan Sweet rsweet at aoes.com
Thu Mar 3 00:52:32 PST 2005

The response to this thread has been great!

I am keeping track of all the responses, and will try to present some sort of
overview.

I have a system ready for hosting.  What I'd like to do is to review a few
different wikis/collaboration systems/etc. to check on some issues such as
their security risks, ease of installation/maintenance, printing/offline
reading support, and so on.

If you have a preference please send me suggestions for consideration
off-list.

Either I'll setup up a few of the best ones and then we can choose among them,
or if I don't have time I'll just setup the one I think is the best and if
people who are actually contributing don't like it we can discuss changing it
at that time.  I think I will have something by Tuesday, though maybe earlier.

If you are thinking of writing something, please go have a look at the (older
but weathering well) FAQ on beowulf.org and then at Robert Brown's book first
and to avoid re-inventing the wheel, update, acknowledge, and borrow.

regards,
-Ryan

--
Ryan Sweet             <ryan.sweet at aoes.com>
Advanced Operations and Engineering Services