[Beowulf] Realtek 8169 performance problem

Francois Romieu romieu at fr.zoreil.com
Thu Jun 30 08:32:52 PDT 2005

Daniel Dotta <daniel at labplan.ufsc.br> :
[...]
> So I would like to know if anyone had a similar performance problem with
> this network interface? Would be a diferent configuration for the network
> interface or when I operate in Gigabit mode? Someone could suggest a good
> gigabit network interface for we test and compare the performance?

You can send a PR to the r8169 maintainer including:
- a test scenario
- some figures
- the .config
- dmesg from boot
- lspci -vx output
- lsmod output
- ifconfig output
- the content of /proc/interrupts

(a tarball or an url are both fine with me)

If you do so, please keep some public mailing list in the Cc: (beowulf
or netdev at vger.kernel.org for instance).

--
Ueimor