[Beowulf] 3c2000 recommendations?

John Van Workum jdvw at tticluster.com
Mon Jun 27 12:20:20 PDT 2005

Greetings,

I've been researching some of the newer Gigabit adapters on the market
recently. One that caught my eye is the 32bit 3Com 3c2000-T. It features a
"128 KB deep packet buffer" and "Processing offloads: TCP/UDP/IP checksum".
The processing offload really interests me, but I'm skeptical. The price is a
little more than the Intel Pro/1000. I didn't find any reference to this
adapter on this list and not much information about using this adapter in a
cluster (MPI codes) on the net. Does anyone have any experience with this
adapter?

Thank you,

John Van Workum
TTI