[Beowulf] MPI community

Cheng, Kevin kc40 at hw.ac.uk
Fri Jun 17 17:58:32 PDT 2005

Hi there

Am new to the mailing list and wondering what we can talk about? I have been trying to find MPI-CH or MPI help/forums/community but couldn't find any.

1. Is it possible to set up MPICH-1 or MPICH-2 on a single machine and trick it to emulate 2 hosts? Basically developing on a single machine but doing MPI_Send, MPI_Gather calls.

2. Is it possible to have two hosts, one Windows MPI-CH, and one Linux MPI-CH, to work together?

3. Is it possible to have MPI-CH-1 and MPI-CH-2 work together on separate hosts?

Many thanks