[Beowulf] Re: Opteron 275 performance

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Fri Jul 29 19:54:25 PDT 2005

Greg Lindahl writes:

> On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 07:22:18PM -0400, Robert G. Brown wrote:
>
>> If not, as always, I welcome an informative whomp upside the head from
>> the more knowledgeable.
>
> You forgot to make fun of both marketing departments for using terms
> that begin with HYPE. What were they thinking?

HYPE?  Yipe!  "Ultra" yipe, even.  And both of them Hype-r T* to boot,
to absolutely guarantee that only the most compulsive and knowledgeable
customers will have a clue as to which thing that they think that
they're talking about that they're ACTUALLY talking about, with any
particular processor.  I find it difficult to keep straight, and I
seriously did spend a long day reading all (well, a lot:-) about both.

However, this statement contains an obvious oxymoron.  You wrote a
statement about marketing departments and thinking...

Might as well ask what my dog is thinking.

> Yummy beer.

Hmmm, that's a remarkably good guess.  Yes, my dog could be thinking
about yummy beer.  My brother-in-law's dogs definitely are.  He feeds
them occasional sips of Bell's Amber Ale.  It's pretty yummy.  But
marketing departments?  Naaaaah....

;-)

   rgb