[Beowulf] (cont.) help with compiling

Cheng, Kevin kc40 at hw.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 15:24:02 PDT 2005

Regarding about my previous message about the linking errors...

On my previous cluster I was able to compile fine with mpiCC (mpicxx) / MPICH-1 . Though I did get these warnings about deprecated headers or something.

In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.2/backward/iostream.h:31,
                 from /usr/lib/mpich/include/c++/mpi++.h:37,
                 from /usr/lib/mpich/include/mpi.h:687,
                 from mbm_client.h:5,
                 from mbm_client.cpp:49:
/usr/include/c++/3.2/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.

I think on my old cluster contained an older C++ compiler that's why. Not sure. How can I fix this to get working on my new cluster (with newer C++ compiler)?

Cheers