[Beowulf] Re: dual core Opteron performance - re suse 9.3

Stuart Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 16:21:21 PDT 2005

Actually, this statement isn't quite correct.  I have managed to
increase the single-cpu stream number by turning interleaving to on.
Streams is effectively getting the benefit of the other memory
controllers.  This was very pominent on an HP DL585.  I was playing
with the numa-tools and page placement quite a bit and it was very
obvious that as I spread the memory across more numa-nodes the
bandwidth went up.

Of course, your statement is true if you run a the streams benchmark
on more than 1 cpus.

Stu.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley