[Beowulf] Bonding on the Gigabit Ethernet

Tim Mattox tmattox at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:15:35 PDT 2005

Thank you posting your paper.

If you still have your testing rig available, I would be interested to see
what happens to the performance numbers as you vary the value of

/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_reordering

The node will presume that a packet has been lost if it
sees "tcp_reording" number of packets out of order.
tcp_reordering defaults to 3, and can go as high as 127.
At least this is my understanding of how this sysctl works.  I haven't
had the appropriate test rig (or time) to really find out.