[Beowulf] PVFS or NFS in a Beowulf cluster?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Jan 17 13:40:51 PST 2005

I don't see a contradiction to use both: NFS for the home directories (on some
sort of master node with an attached hardware RAID), PVFS2 for a shared scratch
space (in case the applications need a shared scratch space across the nodes).
So the question is: how big are the input files, what size are the output files
and how much scratch space is needed by the applications (local or shared)? -
Reuti