[Beowulf] OK, I'll be first: mac mini

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Wed Jan 12 06:14:44 PST 2005

Mark Hahn wrote:

> fairly low power, and the input might be DC (gangable?).
> if not a compute cluster, how about a video wall?  radeon 9200 is
> nothing to sneeze at (faster than my desktops), and one of these
> would look pretty cute sitting under a mini-DLP projector.

It may be a radeon 9200, but it only has 32MB of RAM.  A few years ago
that would have been decent.  But now they're selling video cards with
256MB of RAM, which is much more appealing for a video wall.   Another
real concern is that there is no expansion slot.  So the only way to
expand onto the box is through usb or firewire, which is somewhat
limited in what you can do.