[Beowulf] Re: Re: Home beowulf - NIC latencies

Patrick Geoffray patrick at myri.com
Wed Feb 16 02:14:45 PST 2005

Rossen Dimitrov wrote:

> Patrick, this is quite a broad statement. 4 years ago we had a paper
> arguing that MPI's written to support many different interconnects and
> messaging technologies through internal portability layers were probably
> sub-optimal for at least some of the interconnects. Most of the reasons

Yes, it's very logical. See my reply to Joachim, I don't critic the
existence of SAK implementations (actually, yes, a little), all
commercial implementations are essentially swiss-army-knives, they have
to. My problem is to use results from one unique MPI implementations to
connect dots at the hardware level. You don't know if the dots are from
the MPI or the hardware, or both.

Patrick
--

Patrick Geoffray