[Beowulf] mpich future

rene rene at renestorm.de
Mon Feb 7 09:53:02 PST 2005

Hi folks,

there are many mpi implementations out there, but which one ist "the best"?
As far as I know, there are commercial prodcuts which support different
hardware in one library (eg myrinet + ethernet).  Which is a nice feature.

Is there a working mpich which unites the common channels?
Score did that once, but it's a year ago, since I've worked with it.

In addition to that I've ran into trouble with the different standarts (1.2,
2.0).
It seems to me that Openmpi gets more influence. Is that right?

I dont feel like put 20 different preprocessor variables on my applications,
like
#if MPI_VERSION > 1
for each of that implementation.

So my question is: