[Beowulf] Maximizing intra-node communication performance

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 28 13:00:27 PST 2005

Are you looking for a hardware solution (so paying money to get some
great inter-node performance) or searching for a software solution
that's better than MPI?

The first costs some money, but with great certainty reduces your
problem.

The second will be years of experimental software, bugs and if you're lucky
it's 1% better.

How much improvement do you need and on what area?

Did you install some SSI type solution also?

That might be a performance killer.

Vincent