[Beowulf] Time measurement

Stuart Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 01:30:18 PDT 2005

Of course, if your scheduler/queue system preempts jobs then the wall
time is meaningless (unless it stops while your job has been
suspended).  So using walltime within your code to determine load
balance etc. can be lead to very poor performance.

We tell users to look at the time the queue returns for your job.
This includes all startup time/io/finish time and doesn't include the
time you may have been suspended for.

Stu.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley