[Beowulf] block runing jobs individually on each node

jerry xu jerry at oban.biosc.lsu.edu
Thu Apr 7 10:13:34 PDT 2005

Hi, Dear All:
   I am managing a simple 24 nodes beowulf cluster, basically I require
all my jobs are running through PBS. However, some undergraduate
students in our lab always try to ssh to each individual node in the
cluster and run their jobs, which is pretty bad for me to managing the
resources and control my program running status. I remember there is way
to block people running job that is seperated from the batch system but
at the same time still allow them ssh to each node to grab some tmp
files?. But I just donot remember how to do it, can anyone give some
directions?

Thanks so much,

Jerry